- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
30 cyclists, bikers vie for 1st Nueva Vizcaya bike tour
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The first Nueva Vizcaya Bike Tour here drew at least 30 bike enthusiasts and cyclists vying for greatness and title as the province’s cycling king.
Dubbed as “Nueva Vizcaya Tour”, the four day event is one of the prelude activities for the celebration of the province’s 7th Grand Ammungan Festival from May 19-24 aimed to promote tourism and road development in the province.
“This will promote biking and or cycling as an alternative sport and health fitness hobby among Novo Vizcayanos and an avenue to show to our people the various developments that were put in place by our provincial government,” said vice governor Epifanio Galima,Jr., director-general of the Grand Ammungan Festival.
The “Nueva Vizcaya Tour” was supported by the province’s cycling legends Carlo Guieb, Domingo Quilban and Lupo Alava, among others.
Nueva Vizcaya Tour’s takes the cycling and or biking participants to various upland and lowland routes in the towns of Bagabag, Villaverde, Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Aritao, Dupax del Sur, Dupax del Norte and Kayapa.
The province’s high terrain has been touted by cycling athletes as high risk challenges, earning those who succeed the title King of the Mountain during the recent Marlboro Cycling Tours.
Nueva Vizcaya’s challenging road stretch towards Baguio City also serves as a route in the yearly conduct of Le Tour de Filipinas joined by foreign and local cyclists.#BenMosesEbreo/Nueva Vizcaya