- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Nueva Vizcaya PLGU to fund flood control, dredging, bridge repair projects
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The provincial government here is expected to pour in funds for the implementation of various flood control projects, waterways dredging and construction and improvement of bridges in the province.
A total of P14.5 million fund has been recommended by the provincial government’s Local Finance Committee(LFC) for governor Ruth Padilla’s approval.
Evaliza Agamata, provincial disaster risk reduction management coordinator said this will be included in the budget of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) under the Local Expenditure Program(LEP) for 2015. The funding ill b sourced out from the Special Trust Fund(STF).
“This will further improve our disaster preparedness and mitigation programs against flashfloods and landslides,” she said.
The P14.5 million fund will cover the implementation of flood control projects along the Bambang town-barangay Salinas-baragay Pingkian Road in Kayapa town; Salinas-Tabla section in Bambang town; barangay Barat-barangay San Leonardo section in Bambang town and the barangay Comon-barangay Sta. Clara-barangay Canabuan road in Aritao town.
It will also fund the dredging of waterways along the Sta. Cruz rriver in Bambang town through the Barat-San Leonardo and Salinas sections’ the Bintawan creek in Villaverde town through the Calaoagan-Capiddigan section and the construction and improvement of bridges such as the Wangwang bridge in Ambaguio and the San Antonio bridge in Bambang town.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA-Nueva Pia Nueva Vizcaya