- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
Nueva Vizcaya PLGU to fund flood control, dredging, bridge repair projects
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The provincial government here is expected to pour in funds for the implementation of various flood control projects, waterways dredging and construction and improvement of bridges in the province.
A total of P14.5 million fund has been recommended by the provincial government’s Local Finance Committee(LFC) for governor Ruth Padilla’s approval.
Evaliza Agamata, provincial disaster risk reduction management coordinator said this will be included in the budget of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) under the Local Expenditure Program(LEP) for 2015. The funding ill b sourced out from the Special Trust Fund(STF).
“This will further improve our disaster preparedness and mitigation programs against flashfloods and landslides,” she said.
The P14.5 million fund will cover the implementation of flood control projects along the Bambang town-barangay Salinas-baragay Pingkian Road in Kayapa town; Salinas-Tabla section in Bambang town; barangay Barat-barangay San Leonardo section in Bambang town and the barangay Comon-barangay Sta. Clara-barangay Canabuan road in Aritao town.
It will also fund the dredging of waterways along the Sta. Cruz rriver in Bambang town through the Barat-San Leonardo and Salinas sections’ the Bintawan creek in Villaverde town through the Calaoagan-Capiddigan section and the construction and improvement of bridges such as the Wangwang bridge in Ambaguio and the San Antonio bridge in Bambang town.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA-Nueva Pia Nueva Vizcaya