- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Nueva Vizcaya PLGU to fund flood control, dredging, bridge repair projects
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The provincial government here is expected to pour in funds for the implementation of various flood control projects, waterways dredging and construction and improvement of bridges in the province.
A total of P14.5 million fund has been recommended by the provincial government’s Local Finance Committee(LFC) for governor Ruth Padilla’s approval.
Evaliza Agamata, provincial disaster risk reduction management coordinator said this will be included in the budget of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) under the Local Expenditure Program(LEP) for 2015. The funding ill b sourced out from the Special Trust Fund(STF).
“This will further improve our disaster preparedness and mitigation programs against flashfloods and landslides,” she said.
The P14.5 million fund will cover the implementation of flood control projects along the Bambang town-barangay Salinas-baragay Pingkian Road in Kayapa town; Salinas-Tabla section in Bambang town; barangay Barat-barangay San Leonardo section in Bambang town and the barangay Comon-barangay Sta. Clara-barangay Canabuan road in Aritao town.
It will also fund the dredging of waterways along the Sta. Cruz rriver in Bambang town through the Barat-San Leonardo and Salinas sections’ the Bintawan creek in Villaverde town through the Calaoagan-Capiddigan section and the construction and improvement of bridges such as the Wangwang bridge in Ambaguio and the San Antonio bridge in Bambang town.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA-Nueva Pia Nueva Vizcaya