- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Barangays’ best practices on waste management awarded
Barangay Salvacion of Bayombong was awarded the Model Barangay and Brgy. Captain Danilo Domingo of Brgy. Osmeña in Solano the Best Punong Barangay. The awards were held during the culminating program of the Earth Day celebration on April 22 at the Sacred Heart Center of St. Mary’s University, Bayombong.
La Torre North of Bayombong got the Best MRF (material recovery facility). These awards are based on the evaluation for the Zero Waste campaign and the Ecological Solid Waste Management (ESWM) project of Nueva Vizcaya, through the Environment and Natural Resources office, in partnership with the Mother Earth Foundation.
Governor Ruth Raña Padilla boasted during the program that Nueva Vizcaya is the first and only province in the country to implement province-wide the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act. “Instead of making beautiful things ugly, let’s make ugly things beautiful,” the Governor said. “Kung gusto, meron at merong paraan,” she added.
The barangays of Quirino, Solano and Buag, Bambang were 2nd and 3rd, respectively, for the Best MRF. Brgy. Captain Eduardo Tiongson of Poblacion North, Solano was 2nd in Best Punong Barangay while Gloria Lacorda of Buag, Bambang and Renato Sayan of Salvacion, Bayombong were 3rd placers. The 2nd placer for the Model Barangay was Brgy. Osmeña of Solano and 3rd was La Torre North of Bayombong.
Forester Delia Agunoy, solid waste action officer, explained that only 40 models barangays from the 3 prime municipalities (Solano, Bayombong & Bambang) were chosen for the pilot search of barangays’ best practices on solid waste management. The other barangays from the other municipalities will be included on the next search and evaluation.
Other winners for the barangays’ best practices of ESWM were Brgy. Osmeña, Solano for Best ESWM committee, Best IEC Strategies and Best Enforcement Team; Don Mariano Marcos, Bayombong for its Highest Diversion Rate; La Torre North, Bayombong got the Best Purok and Cleanest Barangay; Salvacion, Bayombong for Barangay Beautification and Best Barangay Council; Poblacion North of Solano is Best in Plastic Ban Implementation and Best in System of Collection.
Girlie Godoy of Pob. North, Solano as Best Barangay Nutrition Scholar/Health Worker; Melicia Daguio of San Luis, Solano as Best Brgy. Treasurer; Harren Bana of Osmeña, Solano as Best Brgy. Secretary; and William Fernandez of Don Mariano Marcos, Bayombong as the Best Brgy. Kagawad. #bg