- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Nueva Vizcaya celebrates Earth Day
The Environment and Natural Resources office of Nueva Vizcaya, through its project “Provincial Ecological Waste Management,” kicked-off the celebration of Earth Day with the opening of the Earth Day Fair (a showcase of local products that are eco-friendly) during the flag-raising ceremony at the Provincial Capitol on April 20. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was led by Vice Governor Lambert Galima Jr. together with some Board Members and ENR officials.
Earth Day is a worldwide annual event every 22nd of April which was first celebrated in 1970 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
To support the implementation of the Zero Waste campaign and the Ecological Solid Waste Management project, the provincial government in partnership with the Mother Earth Foundation (MEF) will hold awards program to encourage and recognize the efforts & essential roles of the Local Government Units (LGUs), especially at the Barangay level, and waste workers groups that are involved in the implementation of the project.
The province envisions the awards program as a way to recognize the performance of the LGUs in promoting the PRAYERS N FAITH advocacy in the protection of the environment. And motivate officials on effective, responsive and genuine leadership.
The Earth Day celebration showcases best practices and livelihood products an option to divert waste from disposal; to promote best practices on solid waste management for replication; to recognize the effort of waste workers in the implementation of RA 9003; and to recognize the youth for the strong advocacy and campaign in protecting the environment.
Activities include “Basura Got Talent,” a sayawit competition on April 20 participated in by youngsters from different municipalities, wherein the Municipality of Bagabag championed over Aritao in second place and Villaverde for third. Cash prizes of P5,000, P4,000, and P3,000 were given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placers, respectively.
Earlier, Pulot Plastic Day was participated by MLGUs/BLGUs, national and local offices, youth sector, academe, volunteers and environmental groups.
Registered waste workers from the barangays and municipalities will have livelihood trainings on waste processing and be treated with free medical and dental check-ups and anti-tetanus vaccine. 3 units of tri-bikes and 200 packs of grocery items will be raffled during the parlor games and contests for the waste workers.
Awarding for best practices will be held at St. Mary’s University on April 22 and Earth Day Bike Ride will be on April 25. #bg