- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Nueva Vizcaya celebrates Earth Day
The Environment and Natural Resources office of Nueva Vizcaya, through its project “Provincial Ecological Waste Management,” kicked-off the celebration of Earth Day with the opening of the Earth Day Fair (a showcase of local products that are eco-friendly) during the flag-raising ceremony at the Provincial Capitol on April 20. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was led by Vice Governor Lambert Galima Jr. together with some Board Members and ENR officials.
Earth Day is a worldwide annual event every 22nd of April which was first celebrated in 1970 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
To support the implementation of the Zero Waste campaign and the Ecological Solid Waste Management project, the provincial government in partnership with the Mother Earth Foundation (MEF) will hold awards program to encourage and recognize the efforts & essential roles of the Local Government Units (LGUs), especially at the Barangay level, and waste workers groups that are involved in the implementation of the project.
The province envisions the awards program as a way to recognize the performance of the LGUs in promoting the PRAYERS N FAITH advocacy in the protection of the environment. And motivate officials on effective, responsive and genuine leadership.
The Earth Day celebration showcases best practices and livelihood products an option to divert waste from disposal; to promote best practices on solid waste management for replication; to recognize the effort of waste workers in the implementation of RA 9003; and to recognize the youth for the strong advocacy and campaign in protecting the environment.
Activities include “Basura Got Talent,” a sayawit competition on April 20 participated in by youngsters from different municipalities, wherein the Municipality of Bagabag championed over Aritao in second place and Villaverde for third. Cash prizes of P5,000, P4,000, and P3,000 were given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placers, respectively.
Earlier, Pulot Plastic Day was participated by MLGUs/BLGUs, national and local offices, youth sector, academe, volunteers and environmental groups.
Registered waste workers from the barangays and municipalities will have livelihood trainings on waste processing and be treated with free medical and dental check-ups and anti-tetanus vaccine. 3 units of tri-bikes and 200 packs of grocery items will be raffled during the parlor games and contests for the waste workers.
Awarding for best practices will be held at St. Mary’s University on April 22 and Earth Day Bike Ride will be on April 25. #bg