- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Family Development Sessions for Nueva Vizcaya 4Ps couples.
From the collaboration of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Commission on Population Region 2 and the Nueva Vizcaya Population Division, is a public gathering of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries that facilitates an open discussion and feed backing among Pantawid Pamilya household head/grantee beneficiaries named Family Development Session (FDS).
The DSWD, through the said program, acknowledges the importance of a strengthened family in rearing children. Hence, under the FDS Sub Module 2.2, the session requires the attendance of both husband and wife (4Ps couples) which helps them exercise responsible parenting to achieve their desired number, timing and spacing of their children, and to contribute in improving the maternal, neonatal and child health, and nutrition.
”We have to prioritize poor couples in undertaking the FDS Sub Module 2.2,” said Theresa Soriano, Information Officer III, OIC Technical Division of the Commission on Population Region 2.
The Commission on Population Region 2 fund releases for the conduct of FDS in every barangay with the help of every MSWD in the 4Ps areas in the region which includes Nueva Vizcaya.
POPCOM Region 2 track couples with unmet needs in family planning during FDS in a team up with the Department of Health.
Duties of the POPCOM Region 2 also include the establishment and maintenance of an online web-based reporting system of couples reached, conduct of capability building activities on Pre-Marriage Counseling for LGUs and other related competencies along with providing development and dissemination of advocacy/IEC materials.
Through the conduct of the FDS, the session strengthened marital relationships and responsible parenting skills that are expected among the 4Ps couples. These couples are expected to be effective advocates of responsible parenthood and family planning to their respective communities in the province. #GP