- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Family Development Sessions for Nueva Vizcaya 4Ps couples.
From the collaboration of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Commission on Population Region 2 and the Nueva Vizcaya Population Division, is a public gathering of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries that facilitates an open discussion and feed backing among Pantawid Pamilya household head/grantee beneficiaries named Family Development Session (FDS).
The DSWD, through the said program, acknowledges the importance of a strengthened family in rearing children. Hence, under the FDS Sub Module 2.2, the session requires the attendance of both husband and wife (4Ps couples) which helps them exercise responsible parenting to achieve their desired number, timing and spacing of their children, and to contribute in improving the maternal, neonatal and child health, and nutrition.
”We have to prioritize poor couples in undertaking the FDS Sub Module 2.2,” said Theresa Soriano, Information Officer III, OIC Technical Division of the Commission on Population Region 2.
The Commission on Population Region 2 fund releases for the conduct of FDS in every barangay with the help of every MSWD in the 4Ps areas in the region which includes Nueva Vizcaya.
POPCOM Region 2 track couples with unmet needs in family planning during FDS in a team up with the Department of Health.
Duties of the POPCOM Region 2 also include the establishment and maintenance of an online web-based reporting system of couples reached, conduct of capability building activities on Pre-Marriage Counseling for LGUs and other related competencies along with providing development and dissemination of advocacy/IEC materials.
Through the conduct of the FDS, the session strengthened marital relationships and responsible parenting skills that are expected among the 4Ps couples. These couples are expected to be effective advocates of responsible parenthood and family planning to their respective communities in the province. #GP