- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Family Development Sessions for Nueva Vizcaya 4Ps couples.
From the collaboration of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Commission on Population Region 2 and the Nueva Vizcaya Population Division, is a public gathering of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries that facilitates an open discussion and feed backing among Pantawid Pamilya household head/grantee beneficiaries named Family Development Session (FDS).
The DSWD, through the said program, acknowledges the importance of a strengthened family in rearing children. Hence, under the FDS Sub Module 2.2, the session requires the attendance of both husband and wife (4Ps couples) which helps them exercise responsible parenting to achieve their desired number, timing and spacing of their children, and to contribute in improving the maternal, neonatal and child health, and nutrition.
”We have to prioritize poor couples in undertaking the FDS Sub Module 2.2,” said Theresa Soriano, Information Officer III, OIC Technical Division of the Commission on Population Region 2.
The Commission on Population Region 2 fund releases for the conduct of FDS in every barangay with the help of every MSWD in the 4Ps areas in the region which includes Nueva Vizcaya.
POPCOM Region 2 track couples with unmet needs in family planning during FDS in a team up with the Department of Health.
Duties of the POPCOM Region 2 also include the establishment and maintenance of an online web-based reporting system of couples reached, conduct of capability building activities on Pre-Marriage Counseling for LGUs and other related competencies along with providing development and dissemination of advocacy/IEC materials.
Through the conduct of the FDS, the session strengthened marital relationships and responsible parenting skills that are expected among the 4Ps couples. These couples are expected to be effective advocates of responsible parenthood and family planning to their respective communities in the province. #GP