- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Nueva Vizcaya peace body pushes trike parking ban on national highway
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Members of the Provincial Peace and Order Council(PPOC) here recently approved the implementation of a law prohibiting tricycles from parking along the national highway.
The move intends to stop the proliferation of tricycle terminals along several portions of the national highway stretch from Diadi town to Sta. Fe town.
“Tricycle parking along the national highway has become a road hazard among commuters due to many road accidents that it brought to our constituents,” Governor Ruth Padilla said.
The PPOC resolution seeks to request the members of the provincial board to craft an ordinance that will prohibit tricycle parking along the national highway in the province.
The tricycle parking ban, once implemented will involve the traffic law enforcement support of the Land Transportation Office(LTO), Philippine National Police(PNP)-Highway Patrol Group(HPG), Department of Public Works and Highways(DPWH) and local government units.
Last year alone, the PNP has recorded 1,543 traffic accidents mostly in the towns of Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Aritao, Bagabag and Bambang.
Out of this figure, 318 incidents were self accident while 155 incidents occurred along pedestrians.
The PNP further said that 950 of this accidents happened along national roads while 593 came from provincial roads.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA