- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
Nueva Vizcaya peace body pushes trike parking ban on national highway
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Members of the Provincial Peace and Order Council(PPOC) here recently approved the implementation of a law prohibiting tricycles from parking along the national highway.
The move intends to stop the proliferation of tricycle terminals along several portions of the national highway stretch from Diadi town to Sta. Fe town.
“Tricycle parking along the national highway has become a road hazard among commuters due to many road accidents that it brought to our constituents,” Governor Ruth Padilla said.
The PPOC resolution seeks to request the members of the provincial board to craft an ordinance that will prohibit tricycle parking along the national highway in the province.
The tricycle parking ban, once implemented will involve the traffic law enforcement support of the Land Transportation Office(LTO), Philippine National Police(PNP)-Highway Patrol Group(HPG), Department of Public Works and Highways(DPWH) and local government units.
Last year alone, the PNP has recorded 1,543 traffic accidents mostly in the towns of Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Aritao, Bagabag and Bambang.
Out of this figure, 318 incidents were self accident while 155 incidents occurred along pedestrians.
The PNP further said that 950 of this accidents happened along national roads while 593 came from provincial roads.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA