- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Nueva Vizcaya peace body pushes trike parking ban on national highway
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Members of the Provincial Peace and Order Council(PPOC) here recently approved the implementation of a law prohibiting tricycles from parking along the national highway.
The move intends to stop the proliferation of tricycle terminals along several portions of the national highway stretch from Diadi town to Sta. Fe town.
“Tricycle parking along the national highway has become a road hazard among commuters due to many road accidents that it brought to our constituents,” Governor Ruth Padilla said.
The PPOC resolution seeks to request the members of the provincial board to craft an ordinance that will prohibit tricycle parking along the national highway in the province.
The tricycle parking ban, once implemented will involve the traffic law enforcement support of the Land Transportation Office(LTO), Philippine National Police(PNP)-Highway Patrol Group(HPG), Department of Public Works and Highways(DPWH) and local government units.
Last year alone, the PNP has recorded 1,543 traffic accidents mostly in the towns of Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Aritao, Bagabag and Bambang.
Out of this figure, 318 incidents were self accident while 155 incidents occurred along pedestrians.
The PNP further said that 950 of this accidents happened along national roads while 593 came from provincial roads.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA