- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Nueva Vizcaya peace body pushes trike parking ban on national highway
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Members of the Provincial Peace and Order Council(PPOC) here recently approved the implementation of a law prohibiting tricycles from parking along the national highway.
The move intends to stop the proliferation of tricycle terminals along several portions of the national highway stretch from Diadi town to Sta. Fe town.
“Tricycle parking along the national highway has become a road hazard among commuters due to many road accidents that it brought to our constituents,” Governor Ruth Padilla said.
The PPOC resolution seeks to request the members of the provincial board to craft an ordinance that will prohibit tricycle parking along the national highway in the province.
The tricycle parking ban, once implemented will involve the traffic law enforcement support of the Land Transportation Office(LTO), Philippine National Police(PNP)-Highway Patrol Group(HPG), Department of Public Works and Highways(DPWH) and local government units.
Last year alone, the PNP has recorded 1,543 traffic accidents mostly in the towns of Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Aritao, Bagabag and Bambang.
Out of this figure, 318 incidents were self accident while 155 incidents occurred along pedestrians.
The PNP further said that 950 of this accidents happened along national roads while 593 came from provincial roads.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA