- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Dupax del Norte dads conduct roving sessions in barangays
DUPAX DEL NORTE, Nueva Vizcaya, April 9(PIA)– Members of the Sangguiang Bayan(SB) here are now conducting roving sessions in various brangays to involve villagers, organizations and barangay officials in resolving problems in their respective communities.
Vice mayor Victorino Prado said the activity aims to bring their services closer to the villagers and provide their problems and concers with immediate solutions.
Most of the problems raised by the villagers and barangay officials, he said focused on the insufficient flow and or shortage of irrigation supply especially in the upland farms.
This problem, Prado said has worsened by the wake of the El Nino phenomenon especially in barangays Mabasa, and Inaban.
“With this problem, we have offered our 20 units of water pumps to be borrowed by our affected farmers just to solve their problem on agriculture,” Prado said.
The water pumps were provide by the National Irrigation Administration(NIA) and the Deparrtment of Agriculture(DA).
Other problems encountered by the villagers, he said were the need for Jetmatic water pumps to at least 13 households.
“We have provided an initial number of 2 units of Jetmatic potable water pumps while the remaining units will be purchased by our local government unit,” Prado said.
Upland barangays of Dupax del Norte town serves as one of the major sources of upland vegetables and crops which are sold in various public markets and trading centers in the province.