- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Dupax del Norte dads conduct roving sessions in barangays
DUPAX DEL NORTE, Nueva Vizcaya, April 9(PIA)– Members of the Sangguiang Bayan(SB) here are now conducting roving sessions in various brangays to involve villagers, organizations and barangay officials in resolving problems in their respective communities.
Vice mayor Victorino Prado said the activity aims to bring their services closer to the villagers and provide their problems and concers with immediate solutions.
Most of the problems raised by the villagers and barangay officials, he said focused on the insufficient flow and or shortage of irrigation supply especially in the upland farms.
This problem, Prado said has worsened by the wake of the El Nino phenomenon especially in barangays Mabasa, and Inaban.
“With this problem, we have offered our 20 units of water pumps to be borrowed by our affected farmers just to solve their problem on agriculture,” Prado said.
The water pumps were provide by the National Irrigation Administration(NIA) and the Deparrtment of Agriculture(DA).
Other problems encountered by the villagers, he said were the need for Jetmatic water pumps to at least 13 households.
“We have provided an initial number of 2 units of Jetmatic potable water pumps while the remaining units will be purchased by our local government unit,” Prado said.
Upland barangays of Dupax del Norte town serves as one of the major sources of upland vegetables and crops which are sold in various public markets and trading centers in the province.