- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Dupax del Norte dads conduct roving sessions in barangays
DUPAX DEL NORTE, Nueva Vizcaya, April 9(PIA)– Members of the Sangguiang Bayan(SB) here are now conducting roving sessions in various brangays to involve villagers, organizations and barangay officials in resolving problems in their respective communities.
Vice mayor Victorino Prado said the activity aims to bring their services closer to the villagers and provide their problems and concers with immediate solutions.
Most of the problems raised by the villagers and barangay officials, he said focused on the insufficient flow and or shortage of irrigation supply especially in the upland farms.
This problem, Prado said has worsened by the wake of the El Nino phenomenon especially in barangays Mabasa, and Inaban.
“With this problem, we have offered our 20 units of water pumps to be borrowed by our affected farmers just to solve their problem on agriculture,” Prado said.
The water pumps were provide by the National Irrigation Administration(NIA) and the Deparrtment of Agriculture(DA).
Other problems encountered by the villagers, he said were the need for Jetmatic water pumps to at least 13 households.
“We have provided an initial number of 2 units of Jetmatic potable water pumps while the remaining units will be purchased by our local government unit,” Prado said.
Upland barangays of Dupax del Norte town serves as one of the major sources of upland vegetables and crops which are sold in various public markets and trading centers in the province.