- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search fro Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
Dupax del Norte dads conduct roving sessions in barangays
DUPAX DEL NORTE, Nueva Vizcaya, April 9(PIA)– Members of the Sangguiang Bayan(SB) here are now conducting roving sessions in various brangays to involve villagers, organizations and barangay officials in resolving problems in their respective communities.
Vice mayor Victorino Prado said the activity aims to bring their services closer to the villagers and provide their problems and concers with immediate solutions.
Most of the problems raised by the villagers and barangay officials, he said focused on the insufficient flow and or shortage of irrigation supply especially in the upland farms.
This problem, Prado said has worsened by the wake of the El Nino phenomenon especially in barangays Mabasa, and Inaban.
“With this problem, we have offered our 20 units of water pumps to be borrowed by our affected farmers just to solve their problem on agriculture,” Prado said.
The water pumps were provide by the National Irrigation Administration(NIA) and the Deparrtment of Agriculture(DA).
Other problems encountered by the villagers, he said were the need for Jetmatic water pumps to at least 13 households.
“We have provided an initial number of 2 units of Jetmatic potable water pumps while the remaining units will be purchased by our local government unit,” Prado said.
Upland barangays of Dupax del Norte town serves as one of the major sources of upland vegetables and crops which are sold in various public markets and trading centers in the province.