- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Dupax del Norte dads conduct roving sessions in barangays
DUPAX DEL NORTE, Nueva Vizcaya, April 9(PIA)– Members of the Sangguiang Bayan(SB) here are now conducting roving sessions in various brangays to involve villagers, organizations and barangay officials in resolving problems in their respective communities.
Vice mayor Victorino Prado said the activity aims to bring their services closer to the villagers and provide their problems and concers with immediate solutions.
Most of the problems raised by the villagers and barangay officials, he said focused on the insufficient flow and or shortage of irrigation supply especially in the upland farms.
This problem, Prado said has worsened by the wake of the El Nino phenomenon especially in barangays Mabasa, and Inaban.
“With this problem, we have offered our 20 units of water pumps to be borrowed by our affected farmers just to solve their problem on agriculture,” Prado said.
The water pumps were provide by the National Irrigation Administration(NIA) and the Deparrtment of Agriculture(DA).
Other problems encountered by the villagers, he said were the need for Jetmatic water pumps to at least 13 households.
“We have provided an initial number of 2 units of Jetmatic potable water pumps while the remaining units will be purchased by our local government unit,” Prado said.
Upland barangays of Dupax del Norte town serves as one of the major sources of upland vegetables and crops which are sold in various public markets and trading centers in the province.