- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
PDRRMO to install early warning devices for floods, earthquakes in Nueva Vizcaya
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) will be installing Early Warning Devices(EWD) in disaster-prone areas to assist disaster response officials and volunteers in enforcing evacuation efforts.
“We will be establishing EWDs for floods and earthquakes in identified vulnerable areas in the province so that we can act immediately ,warn them and enforce immediate evacuation for possible victims in these areas,” said Evaliza Agamata, PDRRMO chief.
She also appealed to villagers not to steal these devices as they are expensive EWDs.
Agamata said the Automated Water Level Gauges(AWLG) will be installed to the major rivers of the 15 local government units to assist them in pre-disaster responses.
She also said that they have made their Hazard Mapping Forum in the province, showing the areas where earthquake – induced landslides and rain-induced landslides are likely to happen.
With these disaster-based information, Agamata said LGUs can base their plans for the establishment of evacuation centers and relocation sites for communities living in hazardous areas.#BME