- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
PDRRMO to install early warning devices for floods, earthquakes in Nueva Vizcaya
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) will be installing Early Warning Devices(EWD) in disaster-prone areas to assist disaster response officials and volunteers in enforcing evacuation efforts.
“We will be establishing EWDs for floods and earthquakes in identified vulnerable areas in the province so that we can act immediately ,warn them and enforce immediate evacuation for possible victims in these areas,” said Evaliza Agamata, PDRRMO chief.
She also appealed to villagers not to steal these devices as they are expensive EWDs.
Agamata said the Automated Water Level Gauges(AWLG) will be installed to the major rivers of the 15 local government units to assist them in pre-disaster responses.
She also said that they have made their Hazard Mapping Forum in the province, showing the areas where earthquake – induced landslides and rain-induced landslides are likely to happen.
With these disaster-based information, Agamata said LGUs can base their plans for the establishment of evacuation centers and relocation sites for communities living in hazardous areas.#BME