- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
PDRRMO to install early warning devices for floods, earthquakes in Nueva Vizcaya
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) will be installing Early Warning Devices(EWD) in disaster-prone areas to assist disaster response officials and volunteers in enforcing evacuation efforts.
“We will be establishing EWDs for floods and earthquakes in identified vulnerable areas in the province so that we can act immediately ,warn them and enforce immediate evacuation for possible victims in these areas,” said Evaliza Agamata, PDRRMO chief.
She also appealed to villagers not to steal these devices as they are expensive EWDs.
Agamata said the Automated Water Level Gauges(AWLG) will be installed to the major rivers of the 15 local government units to assist them in pre-disaster responses.
She also said that they have made their Hazard Mapping Forum in the province, showing the areas where earthquake – induced landslides and rain-induced landslides are likely to happen.
With these disaster-based information, Agamata said LGUs can base their plans for the establishment of evacuation centers and relocation sites for communities living in hazardous areas.#BME