- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
PDRRMO to install early warning devices for floods, earthquakes in Nueva Vizcaya
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) will be installing Early Warning Devices(EWD) in disaster-prone areas to assist disaster response officials and volunteers in enforcing evacuation efforts.
“We will be establishing EWDs for floods and earthquakes in identified vulnerable areas in the province so that we can act immediately ,warn them and enforce immediate evacuation for possible victims in these areas,” said Evaliza Agamata, PDRRMO chief.
She also appealed to villagers not to steal these devices as they are expensive EWDs.
Agamata said the Automated Water Level Gauges(AWLG) will be installed to the major rivers of the 15 local government units to assist them in pre-disaster responses.
She also said that they have made their Hazard Mapping Forum in the province, showing the areas where earthquake – induced landslides and rain-induced landslides are likely to happen.
With these disaster-based information, Agamata said LGUs can base their plans for the establishment of evacuation centers and relocation sites for communities living in hazardous areas.#BME