- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
PDRRMO to install early warning devices for floods, earthquakes in Nueva Vizcaya
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office(PDRRMO) will be installing Early Warning Devices(EWD) in disaster-prone areas to assist disaster response officials and volunteers in enforcing evacuation efforts.
“We will be establishing EWDs for floods and earthquakes in identified vulnerable areas in the province so that we can act immediately ,warn them and enforce immediate evacuation for possible victims in these areas,” said Evaliza Agamata, PDRRMO chief.
She also appealed to villagers not to steal these devices as they are expensive EWDs.
Agamata said the Automated Water Level Gauges(AWLG) will be installed to the major rivers of the 15 local government units to assist them in pre-disaster responses.
She also said that they have made their Hazard Mapping Forum in the province, showing the areas where earthquake – induced landslides and rain-induced landslides are likely to happen.
With these disaster-based information, Agamata said LGUs can base their plans for the establishment of evacuation centers and relocation sites for communities living in hazardous areas.#BME