- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Governor keynotes 4H club youth camp
Gov. Ruth Raña Padilla was mesmerized when she was invited to speak during the first Provincial Youth 4H Club Camp held at the Tribu Village, Capitol on April 7. The Governor said she is not aware that there are existing 4H clubs in the province. 4H is a youth organization administered by the Department of Agriculture with the mission of engaging youth to reach their fullest potential while advancing the field of youth development.
Gov. Padilla was very much inspired because agriculture and youth development is part of the priority programs of the province, through Prayers N Faith. 4H focuses on the personal development of head, heart, hands and health of the youth. By joining the said camp, Gov. Padilla hopes that the youth will be empowered “to make the best better.” She also encouraged the participants by offering them full scholarship if they will enroll in Agriculture or Forestry at NVSU.
The youth camp holds the theme, “4H Youth Towards ASEAN Integration.” Mr. Alexander Domingo, provincial agriculturist, said that the Camp will help the youth to be competitive with the other Asian nations.
The camp is a two-day activity until April 8 and will involve participants in trainings on climate change mitigation and adaptation, rice and corn production technology, livestock and poultry production, tilapia production, and youth for ASEAN integration.
Participants will also contest on some activities like extemporaneous speaking, canvass painting, organic chicken production, coconut-based handicraft/novelty, herbal processing and packaging technology, corn-based food product processing, and 4H quiz bee. #bg