- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
Governor keynotes 4H club youth camp
Gov. Ruth Raña Padilla was mesmerized when she was invited to speak during the first Provincial Youth 4H Club Camp held at the Tribu Village, Capitol on April 7. The Governor said she is not aware that there are existing 4H clubs in the province. 4H is a youth organization administered by the Department of Agriculture with the mission of engaging youth to reach their fullest potential while advancing the field of youth development.
Gov. Padilla was very much inspired because agriculture and youth development is part of the priority programs of the province, through Prayers N Faith. 4H focuses on the personal development of head, heart, hands and health of the youth. By joining the said camp, Gov. Padilla hopes that the youth will be empowered “to make the best better.” She also encouraged the participants by offering them full scholarship if they will enroll in Agriculture or Forestry at NVSU.
The youth camp holds the theme, “4H Youth Towards ASEAN Integration.” Mr. Alexander Domingo, provincial agriculturist, said that the Camp will help the youth to be competitive with the other Asian nations.
The camp is a two-day activity until April 8 and will involve participants in trainings on climate change mitigation and adaptation, rice and corn production technology, livestock and poultry production, tilapia production, and youth for ASEAN integration.
Participants will also contest on some activities like extemporaneous speaking, canvass painting, organic chicken production, coconut-based handicraft/novelty, herbal processing and packaging technology, corn-based food product processing, and 4H quiz bee. #bg