- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
Governor keynotes 4H club youth camp
Gov. Ruth Raña Padilla was mesmerized when she was invited to speak during the first Provincial Youth 4H Club Camp held at the Tribu Village, Capitol on April 7. The Governor said she is not aware that there are existing 4H clubs in the province. 4H is a youth organization administered by the Department of Agriculture with the mission of engaging youth to reach their fullest potential while advancing the field of youth development.
Gov. Padilla was very much inspired because agriculture and youth development is part of the priority programs of the province, through Prayers N Faith. 4H focuses on the personal development of head, heart, hands and health of the youth. By joining the said camp, Gov. Padilla hopes that the youth will be empowered “to make the best better.” She also encouraged the participants by offering them full scholarship if they will enroll in Agriculture or Forestry at NVSU.
The youth camp holds the theme, “4H Youth Towards ASEAN Integration.” Mr. Alexander Domingo, provincial agriculturist, said that the Camp will help the youth to be competitive with the other Asian nations.
The camp is a two-day activity until April 8 and will involve participants in trainings on climate change mitigation and adaptation, rice and corn production technology, livestock and poultry production, tilapia production, and youth for ASEAN integration.
Participants will also contest on some activities like extemporaneous speaking, canvass painting, organic chicken production, coconut-based handicraft/novelty, herbal processing and packaging technology, corn-based food product processing, and 4H quiz bee. #bg