- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Nueva Vizcaya to venerate Earth Day
The provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya will be commemorating Earth Day on April 22 in participation the nationwide celebration after it was declared in 1990 by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 553.
In a memorandum issued by Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena, it was stated that this year’s celebration which is the 45th International Earth Day has its theme “Earth Day Every Day, Everywhere for Everyone”.
Dumlao-Sevillena said the DENR, in partnership with the Earth Day Network Philippines, Inc., has come up with ways to engage various sectors and LGHUs to face the challenge facing more disasters all over the globe.
Nueva Vizcaya, she said, has registered various Earth Day-related activities aimed at increasing the level of awareness of the public on the best environmental practices that would lessen the impact of climate change.
The activities include a 30/50 km bike ride, a fun run/walk, zumba fitness for planet Earth, general assembly of solid waste service provider, launching of ESWM Program Phase II, and an Earth Day Fair.
Dumlao-Sevillena, proponent of the activity, said she has envisioned to involve all sectors in order to achieve its purpose.# gbb