- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Nueva Vizcaya to venerate Earth Day
The provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya will be commemorating Earth Day on April 22 in participation the nationwide celebration after it was declared in 1990 by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 553.
In a memorandum issued by Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena, it was stated that this year’s celebration which is the 45th International Earth Day has its theme “Earth Day Every Day, Everywhere for Everyone”.
Dumlao-Sevillena said the DENR, in partnership with the Earth Day Network Philippines, Inc., has come up with ways to engage various sectors and LGHUs to face the challenge facing more disasters all over the globe.
Nueva Vizcaya, she said, has registered various Earth Day-related activities aimed at increasing the level of awareness of the public on the best environmental practices that would lessen the impact of climate change.
The activities include a 30/50 km bike ride, a fun run/walk, zumba fitness for planet Earth, general assembly of solid waste service provider, launching of ESWM Program Phase II, and an Earth Day Fair.
Dumlao-Sevillena, proponent of the activity, said she has envisioned to involve all sectors in order to achieve its purpose.# gbb