- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Nueva Vizcaya to venerate Earth Day
The provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya will be commemorating Earth Day on April 22 in participation the nationwide celebration after it was declared in 1990 by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 553.
In a memorandum issued by Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena, it was stated that this year’s celebration which is the 45th International Earth Day has its theme “Earth Day Every Day, Everywhere for Everyone”.
Dumlao-Sevillena said the DENR, in partnership with the Earth Day Network Philippines, Inc., has come up with ways to engage various sectors and LGHUs to face the challenge facing more disasters all over the globe.
Nueva Vizcaya, she said, has registered various Earth Day-related activities aimed at increasing the level of awareness of the public on the best environmental practices that would lessen the impact of climate change.
The activities include a 30/50 km bike ride, a fun run/walk, zumba fitness for planet Earth, general assembly of solid waste service provider, launching of ESWM Program Phase II, and an Earth Day Fair.
Dumlao-Sevillena, proponent of the activity, said she has envisioned to involve all sectors in order to achieve its purpose.# gbb