- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Nueva Vizcaya to venerate Earth Day
The provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya will be commemorating Earth Day on April 22 in participation the nationwide celebration after it was declared in 1990 by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 553.
In a memorandum issued by Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena, it was stated that this year’s celebration which is the 45th International Earth Day has its theme “Earth Day Every Day, Everywhere for Everyone”.
Dumlao-Sevillena said the DENR, in partnership with the Earth Day Network Philippines, Inc., has come up with ways to engage various sectors and LGHUs to face the challenge facing more disasters all over the globe.
Nueva Vizcaya, she said, has registered various Earth Day-related activities aimed at increasing the level of awareness of the public on the best environmental practices that would lessen the impact of climate change.
The activities include a 30/50 km bike ride, a fun run/walk, zumba fitness for planet Earth, general assembly of solid waste service provider, launching of ESWM Program Phase II, and an Earth Day Fair.
Dumlao-Sevillena, proponent of the activity, said she has envisioned to involve all sectors in order to achieve its purpose.# gbb