- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Women’s Empowerment towards a Good Government
Since man’s existence, history always had its own story. Remember, however, that the stories history tells are the words from the mouth of the victors. Hence, Professor Randy David would suggect, “Sa paglalagom, gaya ng nasabi ko na, hindi lahat ng nakalipas ay kailangang balikan, hindi lahat ng iniwang pamana’y may silbi sa kasalukuyan, hindi lahat ng luma ay mahalaga, at hindi rin naman lahat ng makabago’y dapat tularan. Ang mahalaga’y alam natin kung aling mga pangyayari sa ating kasaysayan ang nagbibigay ng pag-asa at tiwala sa ating kakayahan, at alin dito ang sumisira sa ating loob at nagpapahina sa ating diwa. Iyan ang ating dapat pag-isipang mabuti.”
Those were the words and from then on we saw equality completely observed with every single living person previously discriminated and categorically taken for granted given utmost importance with her role rightfully recognized. Various rights and privileges were extended which she never imagined she would soon enjoy and possess. Subsequently, respect was given to a government previously considered as that which refers to a group of harsh men unwilling to recognize the existence of the opposite gender.
Like dominos falling one after the other, barriers to effective women participation was stricken down paving way for a more participatory government well-deserving of everyone’s respect. Mary Wollstonecraft, Hannah Arendt and Aung San Suu Kyi together with locals Melchora Aquino, Gabriela Silang and Josefa Llanes Escoda were some of the many women who stood their ground and prove to the entire world how indispensable women can be. Women suffrage, participation in election contests, right to assembly and association and eventually establishing their own legacies in their respective fields. Indeed, their actions paved way for a transition towards a true democratic society. Perhaps, a wave nobody can ever surpass.
Today, “the (Philippine) State recognizes the role of women in nation-building, and shall ensure the fundamental equality before the law of women and men’ pursuant to Section 14, Article II of the 1987 Philippine Constitution which is a crystal clear manifestation that gone are the days of the dark ages because now a community of enlightened people came to find a way out of the caves of the ancient ages.
Rest assured women will always have a part in it; their contributions cherished, deeds forever valued, and existence given utmost importance.
More power to the women who gave birth to a nation of great people and who chose to establish a good government for her children.
Happy Women’s Month!