- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
Women’s Empowerment towards a Good Government
Since man’s existence, history always had its own story. Remember, however, that the stories history tells are the words from the mouth of the victors. Hence, Professor Randy David would suggect, “Sa paglalagom, gaya ng nasabi ko na, hindi lahat ng nakalipas ay kailangang balikan, hindi lahat ng iniwang pamana’y may silbi sa kasalukuyan, hindi lahat ng luma ay mahalaga, at hindi rin naman lahat ng makabago’y dapat tularan. Ang mahalaga’y alam natin kung aling mga pangyayari sa ating kasaysayan ang nagbibigay ng pag-asa at tiwala sa ating kakayahan, at alin dito ang sumisira sa ating loob at nagpapahina sa ating diwa. Iyan ang ating dapat pag-isipang mabuti.”
Those were the words and from then on we saw equality completely observed with every single living person previously discriminated and categorically taken for granted given utmost importance with her role rightfully recognized. Various rights and privileges were extended which she never imagined she would soon enjoy and possess. Subsequently, respect was given to a government previously considered as that which refers to a group of harsh men unwilling to recognize the existence of the opposite gender.
Like dominos falling one after the other, barriers to effective women participation was stricken down paving way for a more participatory government well-deserving of everyone’s respect. Mary Wollstonecraft, Hannah Arendt and Aung San Suu Kyi together with locals Melchora Aquino, Gabriela Silang and Josefa Llanes Escoda were some of the many women who stood their ground and prove to the entire world how indispensable women can be. Women suffrage, participation in election contests, right to assembly and association and eventually establishing their own legacies in their respective fields. Indeed, their actions paved way for a transition towards a true democratic society. Perhaps, a wave nobody can ever surpass.
Today, “the (Philippine) State recognizes the role of women in nation-building, and shall ensure the fundamental equality before the law of women and men’ pursuant to Section 14, Article II of the 1987 Philippine Constitution which is a crystal clear manifestation that gone are the days of the dark ages because now a community of enlightened people came to find a way out of the caves of the ancient ages.
Rest assured women will always have a part in it; their contributions cherished, deeds forever valued, and existence given utmost importance.
More power to the women who gave birth to a nation of great people and who chose to establish a good government for her children.
Happy Women’s Month!