- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Vizcayanos set all time records in CAVRAA
The 2015 edition of the Cagayan Valley Regional Athletic Association (CAVRAA) Meet is indeed an event worth remembering for every Novo Vizcayano. Three local athletes set all time new record in five different categories in archery during the sports fest hosted by the province.
Frendel Dela Cruz of Bugkalot High School conquered the gold medal in the 40 meter category for boys. Significantly, Dela Cruz carved his name in the history books after hitting the mark and broke the all time record in the said event.
Meanwhile, Jabrey Asis of the Nueva Vizcaya General Comprehensive High School also marked his name in the 60 meter category after beating his counterparts from the rest of the region. Asis, won for himself a gold medal and the honor of holding the new record in the said event.
In the limelight is a standout from Nueva Vizcaya General Comprehensive High School who set an all new record in the 30 meter, 60 meter and fita events for girls. Vina Mae Tallase easily hit her targets with utmost confidence relying with her steady hand and sharp eyesight, thus, taking the way up the ladder after she outclassed every single archer from the rest of the region.
The entire province also saluted Tallase as she earned five gold medals and became the first athlete in the record of the CAVRAA to win the most number of gold medals in a single edition and the most medaled athlete in its entire history.