- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Vizcayanos set all time records in CAVRAA
The 2015 edition of the Cagayan Valley Regional Athletic Association (CAVRAA) Meet is indeed an event worth remembering for every Novo Vizcayano. Three local athletes set all time new record in five different categories in archery during the sports fest hosted by the province.
Frendel Dela Cruz of Bugkalot High School conquered the gold medal in the 40 meter category for boys. Significantly, Dela Cruz carved his name in the history books after hitting the mark and broke the all time record in the said event.
Meanwhile, Jabrey Asis of the Nueva Vizcaya General Comprehensive High School also marked his name in the 60 meter category after beating his counterparts from the rest of the region. Asis, won for himself a gold medal and the honor of holding the new record in the said event.
In the limelight is a standout from Nueva Vizcaya General Comprehensive High School who set an all new record in the 30 meter, 60 meter and fita events for girls. Vina Mae Tallase easily hit her targets with utmost confidence relying with her steady hand and sharp eyesight, thus, taking the way up the ladder after she outclassed every single archer from the rest of the region.
The entire province also saluted Tallase as she earned five gold medals and became the first athlete in the record of the CAVRAA to win the most number of gold medals in a single edition and the most medaled athlete in its entire history.