- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Governor Padilla expresses thanks on Bishop Villena’s special day
“You will always be an inspiration to Congressman Carlos and Governor Ruth.” This was a statement given by Governor Ruth Raña Padilla as part of her greetings during Bishop Ramon Villena’s 76th birthday last March 16.
Governor Padilla revealed to all the attendees that she would not be standing before them as the Governor of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya without the inspiring words and challenge that was given to her by Bishop Villena.
“When I had difficulty deciding whether I will accept the challenge to run for Governor, the first person, aside from my husband, that I talked to and gave me his direction was Bishop Villena,” Padilla said.
According to the Governor, Congressman Carlos Padilla advised her that if Bishop Villena will not agree on her decision to run as the governor, it will be a basis for them to discontinue their partnership in the government.
The minute came when Governor Ruth had the opportunity to talk with Bishop Villena wherein she was challenged and surprised from his response saying “Go! Go fight! You better run!”
With those words of encouragement, the Governor accepted the challenge because of the strength and guidance given her to carry on.
“I firmly believe that with him behind me, beside me and with me, I will definitely be able to govern the way God wants me to govern the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya,” Padilla said.
Governor Padilla then good-humoredly told Bishop Villena that she believes the Bishop will reach 100 years of age.
“I hope I will still be the Governor when that time comes. Because under our Centenarian Ordinance, you will receive P100, 000 from me,” Padilla teasingly said.
Padilla, in behalf of the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, prayed that the Heavenly Father will provide the Bishop more blessings, more good health, and more birthdays to celebrate. #GP