- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Governor Padilla expresses thanks on Bishop Villena’s special day
“You will always be an inspiration to Congressman Carlos and Governor Ruth.” This was a statement given by Governor Ruth Raña Padilla as part of her greetings during Bishop Ramon Villena’s 76th birthday last March 16.
Governor Padilla revealed to all the attendees that she would not be standing before them as the Governor of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya without the inspiring words and challenge that was given to her by Bishop Villena.
“When I had difficulty deciding whether I will accept the challenge to run for Governor, the first person, aside from my husband, that I talked to and gave me his direction was Bishop Villena,” Padilla said.
According to the Governor, Congressman Carlos Padilla advised her that if Bishop Villena will not agree on her decision to run as the governor, it will be a basis for them to discontinue their partnership in the government.
The minute came when Governor Ruth had the opportunity to talk with Bishop Villena wherein she was challenged and surprised from his response saying “Go! Go fight! You better run!”
With those words of encouragement, the Governor accepted the challenge because of the strength and guidance given her to carry on.
“I firmly believe that with him behind me, beside me and with me, I will definitely be able to govern the way God wants me to govern the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya,” Padilla said.
Governor Padilla then good-humoredly told Bishop Villena that she believes the Bishop will reach 100 years of age.
“I hope I will still be the Governor when that time comes. Because under our Centenarian Ordinance, you will receive P100, 000 from me,” Padilla teasingly said.
Padilla, in behalf of the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, prayed that the Heavenly Father will provide the Bishop more blessings, more good health, and more birthdays to celebrate. #GP