- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Governor Padilla expresses thanks on Bishop Villena’s special day
“You will always be an inspiration to Congressman Carlos and Governor Ruth.” This was a statement given by Governor Ruth Raña Padilla as part of her greetings during Bishop Ramon Villena’s 76th birthday last March 16.
Governor Padilla revealed to all the attendees that she would not be standing before them as the Governor of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya without the inspiring words and challenge that was given to her by Bishop Villena.
“When I had difficulty deciding whether I will accept the challenge to run for Governor, the first person, aside from my husband, that I talked to and gave me his direction was Bishop Villena,” Padilla said.
According to the Governor, Congressman Carlos Padilla advised her that if Bishop Villena will not agree on her decision to run as the governor, it will be a basis for them to discontinue their partnership in the government.
The minute came when Governor Ruth had the opportunity to talk with Bishop Villena wherein she was challenged and surprised from his response saying “Go! Go fight! You better run!”
With those words of encouragement, the Governor accepted the challenge because of the strength and guidance given her to carry on.
“I firmly believe that with him behind me, beside me and with me, I will definitely be able to govern the way God wants me to govern the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya,” Padilla said.
Governor Padilla then good-humoredly told Bishop Villena that she believes the Bishop will reach 100 years of age.
“I hope I will still be the Governor when that time comes. Because under our Centenarian Ordinance, you will receive P100, 000 from me,” Padilla teasingly said.
Padilla, in behalf of the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, prayed that the Heavenly Father will provide the Bishop more blessings, more good health, and more birthdays to celebrate. #GP