- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
Governor Padilla expresses thanks on Bishop Villena’s special day
“You will always be an inspiration to Congressman Carlos and Governor Ruth.” This was a statement given by Governor Ruth Raña Padilla as part of her greetings during Bishop Ramon Villena’s 76th birthday last March 16.
Governor Padilla revealed to all the attendees that she would not be standing before them as the Governor of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya without the inspiring words and challenge that was given to her by Bishop Villena.
“When I had difficulty deciding whether I will accept the challenge to run for Governor, the first person, aside from my husband, that I talked to and gave me his direction was Bishop Villena,” Padilla said.
According to the Governor, Congressman Carlos Padilla advised her that if Bishop Villena will not agree on her decision to run as the governor, it will be a basis for them to discontinue their partnership in the government.
The minute came when Governor Ruth had the opportunity to talk with Bishop Villena wherein she was challenged and surprised from his response saying “Go! Go fight! You better run!”
With those words of encouragement, the Governor accepted the challenge because of the strength and guidance given her to carry on.
“I firmly believe that with him behind me, beside me and with me, I will definitely be able to govern the way God wants me to govern the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya,” Padilla said.
Governor Padilla then good-humoredly told Bishop Villena that she believes the Bishop will reach 100 years of age.
“I hope I will still be the Governor when that time comes. Because under our Centenarian Ordinance, you will receive P100, 000 from me,” Padilla teasingly said.
Padilla, in behalf of the people of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, prayed that the Heavenly Father will provide the Bishop more blessings, more good health, and more birthdays to celebrate. #GP